According to an article in The Times Reporter, they found out about the good and the bad that comes from the strong presence of the oil and gas industry in a community with similar demographics to their own.
- People make excellent wages (automotive technicians in Greene County, Pennsylvania can make $85,000 a year)
- The unemployment in Greene County has been below 7% throughout the Great Recession
- Area businesses making more money
- Of course, money for landowners
- Mud on the floors of local businesses
- Difficulty finding enough automotive technicians to handle all of the work in the community
- Housing shortages
- Workers in the oil and gas industry work long hours
Check out the article to find out more about what lessons Greene County was able to share with Tuscarawas County.
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter!